The Prom, for many teenagers, is the most important night of their lives. It is the transition to adulthood. It is one of the last times all of a youth’s high school friends will be together at a formal school event.
Prom season will soon be in full swing over the coming weeks and your child will be getting dressed up in anticipation of a memorable time for one magical evening.
According to Carleton Kendrick, Ed.M., LCSW, of Newsforparents.org “Our biggest prom worries are the risky behaviors associated with proms, most specifically driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs. “
While prom night is stressful for parents and teens for many reasons, parents should never overlook safety. However, many parents aren’t aware of simple, yet effective, tips for making sure their teens stay safe on such a high-pressure night.
This rite of passage often brings nostalgic memories to the hearts and minds of parents as they see their “little ones” all dressed up, looking so grown up, at the threshold of adulthood. And while, as parents, you want your child to enjoy this special evening, it is important to remember that it is your parental responsibility to set appropriate expectations and assume leadership by not contributing to illegal or dangerous behavior.
A few things you must know and how to ease your mind:
– know who your child is attending the prom with and obtain their cell phone numbers;
– discuss the events for pre and post prom parties with other parents;
– get a complete itinerary, including the address and phone number for the prom location as well as any after-parties your teen plans to attend; In case of an emergency, you will know where you need to go;
– if your teen is using rented transportation get the name and phone number of the limo company and make sure is a reliable and trusted company, with professional chauffeurs who have completed successful background and drug and alcohol tests;
– establish a curfew time; make sure your teen knows the consequences of violating curfew;
– at the same time, be reasonable and flexible if your teen has a valid reason to extend the curfew;
– be sure your teen leaves the house with a fully charged cell phone and some emergency cash and let your teen know you will wait up for them to return home;
– remind your child that you are there for them for any reason;
– make sure to take pictures and selfies.
Make sure the limo ride is provided by a trusted and reliable Limousine Service
Alpha Limousine provides safe, luxury limousine services to please today’s young adults on their prom night and other formal school activities in the greater Tampa Bay area.
So give us at Alpha Limousine a call and let us help plan your special prom outing with transportation that will make you the envy of your classmates – and give your parents peace of mind.
Alpha Limousine wants you to feel confident that we are concerned about the safety and welfare of your children while in our care. They’re in good hands with our professional chauffeurs who have been background checked and drug and alcohol tested. We do not tolerate alcohol or other illegal substances in our vehicles. Our sole focus is on getting your children to and from their activity safe and sound. You can rest assured that your young people are in excellent hands when they are in an Alpha Limousine vehicle.